July 6 - July 24, 2020 (3 weeks)
July 27 - August 14, 2020 (3 weeks)
›› Summer English Language Studies
UC Berkeley offers over 65 classes in the summer to meet unique needs and interests of students, including：
· English for Specific Professional and Academic Purposes
Advance your academic and professional career with classes in Business English, Legal Writing, English for Science and Engineering, English for Art and Design, Job Search Skills, College Coaching and more!
· English Through Culture and Media
Improve your communication skills through the topics you love – from Food Culture, Popular Music, Film, Literature, to Broadway Musicals and more!
· Intensive Skill Practice in English
Get the skill practice you need to succeed in school and work – Academic and Public Speaking, Writing for Digital Media, Academic Vocabulary, Conflict Resolution and more.
›› Academic Courses
August 19th – December 18th, 2020
More than 600 classes are offered each summer in 90 academic departments at UC Berkeley. It covers a wide range of areas such as Engineering, Computer Sciences, Biology, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Geography, Humanities and Social Sciences, Literature, Language, Architecture, History, Business, Economics, Education, Media and Journalism, Law, Music and Films, Philosophy, Political Sciences, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology and Statistics.
Students attending Session D normally choose 2 courses and students attending Session E normally choose 1 course. Participants will mix with current UC Berkeley students and other international students, and be administered and academically
Source of image: UC Berkeley
1. Summer English Language Studies：there is no need for students to reach a specific score in order to enroll in the program. However, students will need to take part in a placement exam before a class starts to determine their levels of study.
2. Academic Courses： TOEFL80，or IELTS 6.5，or CET-4 493，or CET-6 450